artworxLA students, are you interested in taking your creative ideas further? Do you have a few extra hours per week to dedicate to art making and developing new leadership skills? If you have pondered the above questions, it’s time to consider stepping up artworxLA ladder.
The art workshops at your school are just the first step. The After-School Arts Residencies and Leadership Development program is the second level. Students that successfully complete Levels 1 and 2 are eligible for summer scholarships and internships offered in level 3.
- In order for any student to be considered for Level 2 programs, YOU must:
- Have completed at least one workshop
- Meet with aN artworxLA staff person at your school
- Sign a Student Agreement
- Participate in a Parent/Guardian Orientation
- Attend an All-Day Bus Tour
- Be curious and open about art
Choose ONE After-School Art Residency
Wednesdays, 3:00-5:00pm (2 hours a week)
- Street Poets Inc: Creative Writing/ Performance & Beat-making workshop (Mid-City Los Angeles
- Art Center College of Design: Visual Art workshop (Pasadena)
- Otis College of Art and Design: Fashion Design (Downtown LA)
Tuesdays, 2:30-4:00pm or 4:30-6:00pm (1.5 hours a week)
Workshops take place at artworxLA (Hollywood)